Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Weekend Update:

Friday:
I was just too tired to cook and neither Dwayne nor I felt up to going out to eat.  Dwayne said we should just go to a drive-thru if I would drive.  He had worked all day and then put in a couple hours on fence work.  We went to Arby's and I was so surprised at how much it cost.  We didn't even get fries, just three regular roast beef, small soda, large soda and then I added the 1.99 special of pretzel bites.  (I don't recommend them...)  Came to almost $16.00.  We could have gone to the local café here in town and got the specials and it wouldn't have been much higher if any at all.  Oh, well, we got out of the house, got our meal and then sat at Kroger's and watched the traffic go by.  It was interesting to see that the teens still "cruise the strip" as we did when we were younger.  They even did the almost same route when my Mom and Dad were dating. 
Saturday:
I was a typical or in my case maybe non-typical farm wife.  Got up, did the housework and then fixed steak dinner and a pie for Dwayne and Todd.  They were building fence on the new place we just bought.  Not used to fixing dinner in the middle of the day anymore.  After cleaning the kitchen, I mowed the yard until I ran out of gas.  We have a pretty big yard plus we mow up and down the drive and at the end of the road.  Dwayne made sure I ran out of gas without doing the whole thing.  He thinks the reason I had a flare-up and bed rest a couple weeks ago was because I mowed the whole thing in one day.  I disagree with him.  I only sit on the lawn mower and it's kind of relaxing just driving around.  But he's looking out for me and that is good.
By evening I was getting a little bored so I drove down the road where they were working on the fence.  Todd had already left as he had Mason Lodge Saturday night.  I "helped" Dwayne with the last three strands of barbwire on two different rows until about 8:30 p.m.  All I did was hand him the rings for the wire and offer moral support.  It was kinda fun. Better than just watching TV all the time.
Sunday:
I overslept and missed church.  Made my dishes to take to Mom's and washed the front porch.  April, Mike and Cash came by the house.  We got in some time with them before the mob of kids at Grandma Great's got hold of Cash.  He's the only baby right now so he gets a lot of attention.  Of course, his uncles, Chad and Todd have him their fare share.
There wasn't as many as usual, but we still had a good time.
Glad to still have my pops around!!
Me and my Dad!!
 
I'm so grateful for my Dad and all the years we've had together.  Daddy will be ninety in November of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment