Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weekend Update:

So much rain!!  I was going to go to two separate auctions Saturday but it started raining so hard I decided to just stay home.  Dwayne had to work in St. Louis.  He got in around five and had to leave again at 11:30 p.m.   Not much time to rest in between times of work.  Don't know how he does it.

Sunday, I went to church and then to Versailles for the visitation for one of my co-worker's dad.  Alan's dad died in a tragic lawn mower accident last week.  Very sad incident.
I went through the old part of Tuscumbia on the way home.  Growing up that was our big trip a couple times a year to go visit Grandma Edna.  The big kids would always go uptown to the store but I was too little.  Grandma Edna always kept a candy dish on the coffee table with miniature candy bars in it.  It just fascinated me to see those little candy cars.
Across the street from Grandma's was a big hill that was kept mowed real nice.  We would go to the top of the hill (it's not quite as big now as I remember it....) and roll down the hill.  So much fun!!
As I drove thru the part where Grandma lived and on down to where the store was I was so dismayed to see how run down it was.  The steps that went up the hill to town have long ago crumbled away.  It would be so beautiful if the old stores and steps were restored.  I know it would cost too much money but it was sure beautiful in it's day.  Brought back a lot of good memories.

I then drove thru St. Elizabeth to visit with April, Mike and Cash.  Mike said April was putting Cash to sleep.  I tiptoed back to his room and peeked in.  April was changing him and when Cash saw me his face lit up.  I walked over to the changing table and he reached out to me.  Melted my heart.
Cash and Grandma

Went home and Dwayne fixed supper.  After working all night and part of the day!!  I told him I would fix something but he insisted he wanted bacon and eggs.  I don't think he likes the way I cook them, don't know why as I've done it for years.  Anyway it was certainly nice to have supper cooked and brought to me on a tray to the living room.  Guess after almost thirty-seven years, I'll keep him.  lol

I am grateful for my kids, grandson and my loving husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment