Monday, May 19, 2014

Run Around Weekend:

Friday:
Pretty much a quiet evening at home.  Zach and Lizzy came over later and spent the night.
Saturday:
Started out the day by going to a brunch and Pampered Chef party at Sherryelle Ford's.  Had lots of fun visiting with neighbors you wouldn't normally see.  Billy and Sherryelle have a nice house they built after retirement.
Left there and had to go to Vienna to pick up Dwayne's tractor tire.  I planned on going to the James Cemetery on the way to Vichy.  As I started down old 63, I thought about Jeff and Rosemary Hooker, dear friends of ours and especially to Dodie and Andy.  We built an addition to their house when we were in construction.  I thought instead of just thinking about them, go and visit.  They were out in their yard working.  Their yard is beautiful and maintaining it makes my head spin.  Their daughter, Joyce was helping them.  We had a good visit, reminiscing about all the old pig roast at the creek and remembering  the ones that have passed on.  So glad I took the time out to visit.
I then went on to the cemetery as I had never been to my Uncle Pee Wee's site.  I wasn't able to go to his funeral.  I tried looking for it before, but I was going to the Snodgrass Cemetery and I just found out when I went to Alaska he was in the James.
Uncle Pee Wee Allen
From there I went to a yard sale in Vichy and wound up with a kid, Dakota.  He's our friend's grandson and April babysat him for a while when he was a baby.  He thinks Dwayne is his uncle.  We went to the lake where they were cleaning up for the pig roast which is this weekend.  Him and Desmon had a good time playing.  The guys had raked under the trees and had it looking like a park.  Kim and Ramey came by and as I sat there visiting, I decided heck with going to Rolla to get groceries, I'll just go tomorrow. We sat around the campfire until almost dark.  Very nice relaxing day.
Sunday:
Started off the day by going by Mom and Dad's.  Mom needed more books to read.  She reads them faster than I can check them out.  lol  Dad was very talkative (as usual...) and Mom finally had to tell him I was trying to leave for church.  He said, "Oh, I'll finish next time".  Gotta love him.
I had two surprise visitors come to my pew during church.
Nathan and Blake
They are growing up so fast.  I miss having them over but it seems like we just never have any extra time anymore.
Went to Rolla and stopped at my cousin, Martha's to visit.  Then on to several stores and then stopped and picked up my flowers for the cemeteries.  I stopped at Macedonia where our friends Susan, Adrian and Kyle are buried.  Also, to Susan's brother, Marvin's site.  The Southard's have had such tragedies in their life and my heart goes out to them.
I then went over to the lake.  They had trimmed up the whole fence row and made the road next to the fence.  They looked worn out.  Wish they would put that much effort where we live.......
Stopped at the Davis cemetery on the way home.  Put decorations on Mable and Donnie Allen's grave and also on my brother, Mark's.  Mark would have been two years older than me.  He died at two months of age to a defective heart.  I sometimes wonder if he and I would have been close.
Went home and worked in the yard for awhile.  Had supper fixed for Dwayne and the boys after they got done.  They decided they would go to work this week to rest up.  lol
 
This weekend is what life is about.  Family and visiting with friends.  I am grateful for this time in my life.

2 comments:

  1. The boys couldn't wait to tell me who they seen at church Sunday! I am glad you were there I think that's the only reason they agreed to go with my mom and Mitch :) They are sure excited to see you this weekend and been asking to come play at your house.
    Blake also wants to ask Dwayne when he gets to shoot the pig since he is now a big kid and shot his first deer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rite of passage is an exciting thing for the boys. I don't even know who gets to this year, Dwayne keeps track of that. They cleaned over the weekend and it likes really nice. Under the trees looks like a park.
    Can't wait to see you all this weekend.

    ReplyDelete