Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Friday & Saturday:

Friday:
I had such a wonderful evening.  Our friends, Mike and Susan, came down and we went to the Emge Place (my dad's farm) to dig up some dogwood trees.  My dad insisted Susan have some dogwood trees at her house as she didn't have any.  And it had to be last week.  When Arch Feeler talks, we listen.  lol
On the way to the farm, we stopped and picked up Desmon.  He had a good time and decided Chad needed some dogwood trees, too.  He picked one out that was in a hard place to dig, but that was the one "Chad" would like, so Mike dug it up for him.  We stopped on the way out and Dwayne and Susan planted the trees.  We visited for awhile with Todd, Tim and Michael.  It was just a fun old fashioned type of visiting.  Dwayne and I sounded just like my Mom and Dad did when they first bought the Emge Place years ago as we drove Mike and Susan over the place, showing them the lakes, the deer cabin, etc.  It was exciting for Susan to see the place we're always talking about and see the deer cabin where Mike hunts.  I was SO disappointed the dogwood trees weren't in bloom.  My Dad and I both had been telling Susan she wouldn't believe how beautiful it was as the hillsides were full of dogwoods.  The rain and wind the night before blew almost all the blooms off.
Zach and Desmon playing their games.  They both spent the night.

Saturday:
For Mother's Day, Dwayne took us out to eat breakfast at Tater Patch.  You get a lot of food for your money there.  Zach got a breakfast burrito that almost covered his plate.  He wound up taking half of it home.
We then went to Lowe's to gets some flower plants and outdoor lamps.
When we got home, it was planting time.  Zach helped me and we got the flowers set out and the lamps stuck in the ground.
We're getting ready to make our yard smaller and putting up new fence.  I have a huge flower garden with old equipment in it I wanted moved as it will be out of the yard if we left it after putting up the new fence.  Dwayne got it all moved to the circle and it looks really good there.  We piddled around in the yard the rest of the afternoon and was worn out when we got done.
After showers, we found some quiet time on the porch. 
Desmon was showing me his pictures he had taken.
A secret from Mr. Dwayne.
I love this boy.
Yep, that's red solo cups.  The glasses were all dirty.
"Scary Desmon"
 
Both boys spent the night again.  Dwayne and I enjoy them so much.  Zach helping Dwayne around the yard is almost like having the boys home again. We like having the company.
 
I am joyous and thankful for the life I've been given.

3 comments:

  1. Connie - you have the most fun on weekends! I want to come live with you. You have so much company you probably wouldn't even notice I'm sitting around in your house...haha. K.A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, come down anytime!! We get lonesome with the kids gone. We have three empty bedrooms upstairs just going to waste..... lol
    Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the invite. I could be like Goldilocks and just try all 3 bedrooms. haha I just don't get that direction much any more.

    ReplyDelete