Monday, May 5, 2014

Busy Weekend:

Friday:
Dwayne was working on fencing and I made my dreaded weekly trip to Wal-Mart...........
I also had to go by Verizon to see if Dwayne was eligible for an upgrade.  That was a waste of time.  They had one tech in the store and he doesn't even help you.  He gives you the number to call and you wait and wait until someone finally gets to you.  The other lady in the store told him that was why she came into an ACTUAL Verizon Store-was to get help.  Not sure why they have a Verizon Store in Rolla.
Saturday:
It was a beautiful day out.  I took the wooden high chair I bought out to the back deck to refinish it.  While I was at it, I decided to refinish the bar stools, too. 
Dwayne, Chad, Todd and Desmon were building fence and around lunch time came to get me to go to Sput's for lunch.  We had very good food.
Desmon is such a little character; he keeps us laughing most of the time.
I finished my staining about mid-afternoon and then took a much needed shower.  Not long after, Lizzy calls to see if she could come over.  I had planned on going up to Mom and Dad's.  I know Mom and Dad love root beer floats and I had bought the soda and ice cream the night before.  We went up, fixed root beer float and sat around visiting.  Dad really enjoyed the root beer float as did with Mom but she couldn't drink as much due to her diabetes.
For supper, I decided to try one of Pioneer Woman's pasta dishes.  I didn't much care for it but Lizzy loved it and had two helpings.  I don't think it's a recipe I'll try again.
After supper, we played Liver Pool Rummy.  Dwayne was in a super goofy mood and had Liz almost rolling in the floor with laughter.  We had a fun time and laughed through most of the game.  I was thinking how much Grandma Dodie would have enjoyed it, as it was seldom that we didn't play cards when we went to visit.  It's funny how you can go forever and not think about someone gone and then in a split second, memories come rushing back and you miss them all over again.
Nathan came over later but he went to the basement to watch TV.  Both kids spent the night.
Sunday:
We all got up and just sat around in the living room eating cinnamon rolls and watching TV.  Dwayne then left to go work on the fence, Tony came and got the kids.  I got to laze around awhile before getting ready for church.
We had such a sad surprise at church as Pastor Rebecca announce she will be moving to a different church in June.  I hate to hear this as she is a good pastor and has really good sermons.  It will be good for her as she will be closer to her family in Kansas City.
After church, I stopped by the Visitation to pick up chicken and barbecued rib dinners.  I got four meals and it was enough for all of us, Dwayne, Chad, Todd, Zach, Desmon and me.  A lot of good food.
The guys went back to fixing fence and I painted a couple flower pots out in the yard.  It was so nice out.  Such a beautiful day and I waste it by taking a nap!  But it was a good nap.
We had root beer floats for supper, so nutritious....  Dwayne did fix a Tony's pizza later for a snack.
Overall, we had a great weekend.  Didn't get to see April, Mike and Cash but April did send a picture over.  He's getting so big.
 
I am grateful for the nice weather and the joy of my family.

3 comments:

  1. Which PW recipe did u try? I'll have to note that so I don't worry about making it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chicken Florentine Pasta
    It was just too dry and tasteless. I tried adding tomatoes to it last night and it was a little better.
    I was surprised as I followed how she made it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried that one, saw it on her site though. I wonder what the deal was? It's always a bummer when something doesn't turn out, especially when you follow the instructions!

    ReplyDelete