Friday, May 16, 2014

Mother's Day:

Mother's Day:
We had a nice Mother's Day.  All five of us kids were home along with various grand kids and great grand kids.
I secretly took this picture when I saw Mom and Dad holding hands.
Connie, Wayne, Judy, Russ, Kate, Mom and Dad
Mom, Dad and Cash
Mom and Cash
Cash and Dad
Cash, Todd and Desmon
Mom and Dad cooked potatoes and made a salad.  Dwayne and Zach barbecued pork steaks and the rest of us brought side dishes.  It was just a good old fashioned kind of day.  Everyone was happy and enjoyed being together.  Us "girls" even had a good time cleaning up the kitchen.  Lots of talking and laughing going on.
People often tell me to cherish this time with my parents as I don't know how lucky I am to still have them.  I smile and say yes.  BUT, I do cherish these precious memories and I DO know how lucky I am to have them.  Family-most precious of all God's gifts.

I am extremely happy and grateful I still have my Mom with me for yet another Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment