Monday, February 10, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
I had the afternoon off.  Just piddled around the house and then went to visit Mom and Dad.
As I was pulling in the drive; Dwayne was getting ready to leave to feed the cattle.  I rode along.  The cows were sure glad to see us and especially Dwayne breaking the ice.  We then went to Sput's for supper.
Saturday:
Another day of just goofing off, did a few chores around the house then headed to a funeral for a young girl who tragically passed away.  Sad day.
I then went to Wal-Mart and just browsed.  I haven't done that in quite some time, just taking my time looking around.  Usually, I'm in a hurry to get the groceries bought and get out of there.
Dwayne was working in St. Louis and was supposed to get off around noon.  I fixed a nice supper and then he calls to say he has to work late and then start early on Sunday morning, so he was just spending the night.   That's okay, I had a nice supper!!  Chad came by to fill the furnace up for me and also ate.  Nice visit.
Sunday:
Went to church and then home to start the evening meal.  The kids were all coming over.  Dwayne was home already when I got there.  He was super worn out.  April and Cash came over mid-afternoon.  Mike had to bowl, so wasn't able to make it. We had fun playing with Cash.  He now tries to give kisses.  If you kiss him, he turns his head towards your mouth and just starts moving his mouth back and forth.  So sweet!  Chad and Todd came over and each uncle had a grand ole time playing with Cash.  He won't be spoiled or anything.  lol
We had a meal of roast beef and all the great side dishes along with chocolate pie for dessert.
We visited awhile but then April and Cash headed home as the roads were getting slick over their way.  Chad and Todd decided to head out too.  They have so far to drive.....  lol

I am grateful for my family and the chance to all get together for a good old fashioned meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment