Thursday, February 6, 2014

Cousin Ron:

My cousin Ron Lewis passed away yesterday.  He had been in bad health for quite some time.
Ron is the third grandchild to pass away.  First was my brother, Mark when he was two months old from a deformed heart and then a few years ago, my cousin Jerry Feeler passed away.  Jerry was quite the character.  She is fondly missed.
Ron is Aunt Fern's oldest child.  He stayed with us Summers while growing up.  Ron and my brother Russell would get the giggles and keep us all up.  I've never know anyone who could giggle as much as Ron.  Lots of memories.
When Ron was a baby, he ran a high fever of 106.  It was so high, it popped one of his eyes out.  He has always  had a glass eye since.  Can you imagine being a new Mother and your poor little baby is so sick and then for his eye to pop out.  My Aunt Fern is an amazing woman.  She always has a positive attitude and something nice to say.  But loosing her firstborn is really hard on her.  Still she came to the door with a smile on her face.
Cousin Ron Lewis with his niece, Tammi
Aunt Fern, Ron's Mom
Grandma, Me, Dad, Chad and Todd
(look at that mop of hair Todd had)
My Grandma, what a lady.  She lost her son, Gail when he was fifty-four to a heart attack.  She was so strong even though it was very hard on her.  When I think back on it, I'm amazed that she was able to come to my wedding.  Uncle Gail died on September 4th, his funeral was September 7th and our wedding was September 10th.  That had to take a lot of strength to feel like coming to my wedding.  I'm so glad she was there.  Aunt Fern is a lot like Grandma and last night I noticed more of a resemblance to Grandma as Aunt Fern gets older.
 
We are grieving the loss of Ron, but our family is close and will pull together through this.  I am grateful for my Feeler Family.

No comments:

Post a Comment