Monday, February 3, 2014

Monster Jam:

Saturday:
We met up with Kenny and Shelley and a friend of theirs to head to St. Louis.  First stop was the Big Foot Store.  It was closed!  Others were stopping too as it seemed a natural stop before heading to Monster Jam.
Blake and Desmon in front of Big Foot

We then headed to the Science Center.  The kids had a good time exploring all the exhibits.
                    Nathan and Shelley in one of the capsules.

We ate at Texas Roadhouse and then headed into the crowded city for Monster Jam.  The kids did very good at sticking close to us so none of  us would get lost.

Nathan, Blake, Desmon and Dwayne
Gravedigger
Nathan, a very excited Blake and Desmon
Zombie, very cool truck with extended arms.
Maduza

We had a wonderful time.  As we were leaving, Kenny's friend bought all the kids cotton candy and a Gravedigger hat.  Very nice of him.  
We hadn't gone very far before Desmon was asleep.  It was a nice drive home.

Sunday:
With my wonderful lupus, I get worn out easily.  Dwayne fixed breakfast and then left to take Desmon home and to get a load of wood.  I tried watching TV but kept falling asleep, so I went back to bed and slept 'til 12:30.  My Mom says not to worry about it, my body needs the extra sleep.  We are to listen to our Mother's.  lol
Dwayne, Chad, Todd, Tim, Wally, Ramey and Chris all watched the Super Bowl in the basement along with playing cards.  I had bought hot wings for them but spicy food makes Chad sick so I friend me and him some chicken breasts.  They each brought a snack or food dish so they had plenty.
I watched TV upstairs and visited downstairs occasionally.  They seemed to have a good time.

It was nice to get out and do something different this weekend. It was fun watching Desmon have such a good time.

I am grateful for times such as these.


1 comment:

  1. Im glad you all got to go with us on Saturday the kids sure had fun. Our boys stayed awake for part of the ride home then both of them and Lauren fell asleep.

    ReplyDelete