Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
Dwayne and I went to Wal-Mart for groceries.  Quite the trip, Dwayne was being a goofball.
We then went to Sput's for his 56th Birthday.  Dwayne and I shared the Philly steak sandwich.  If you ever go to Sput's, I definitely recommend the Philly steak sandwich. Visited with a lot of friends.
Saturday:
Dwayne had to work in St. Louis and didn't expect to get home until 9:30 p.m.
I spent the day goofing off, did get one cabinet and one closet cleaned, though.  I never left the house at all.
Nathan and Liz came over around six for a few hours.  I made a pot of chili. I sprinkled in a few red pepper flakes but didn't think I had done that much.  The chili was HOT and spicy.  I couldn't figure it out.  Comes to find out Dwayne switched my mild chili beans in the cart for super spicy!!  Ugh!
We played Liverpool Rummy and Liz was the winner.  We had a good time.  Around nine o'clock Dwayne called and said they were working until midnight and starting in at five on Sunday morning.  Luckily, the company paid for a motel room.
Sunday:
Finally, I got back to church.  The sermon was very good and it was nice to see everyone again.
Went into Rolla to run a few errands and treated myself to Long John Silver's batter fried fish.  Love their fish and I don't need all the extras to go with it.  Stopped by Mom and Dad's on the way home.  They were doing good.  Spent the afternoon reading.
Dwayne got home around six.  After his shower, we sat down to eat chili.  I told him I must have put in too many pepper flakes as it was very hot.  He started laughing and that's when he told me he switched the beans!  I felt like switching him as the chili had a very good flavor but you couldn't enjoy it for it being too hot and spicy.
We watched TV for awhile and called it an early night.

I am grateful for my hard working husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment