Monday, January 13, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
Friday wasn't a very good day.  My cousin, Jeannie, whom I'm very close to, her 34 year old son died the night before.  We still don't know what happened.  An autopsy was scheduled for today.  My main contact is her sister, Martha.  I tried talking to Jeannie Saturday morning but she was crying so hard I couldn't understand her.  We would appreciate any and all prayers.
We had another untimely death in the neighborhood last week.  A previous neighbor, 25 year old Nichole Licklider died.  At first they thought it was from pneumonia, but the autopsy showed she had developed diabetes and she couldn't fight off the infection, her body just shut down.  The really sad part is they found her two year old daughter lying by her.  The poor little girl spent the night and day with dead mother.  Dwayne and I went to the visitation, but the line was to the door of the church and twisted around to the side.  After about ten minutes, I told Dwayne we could leave.  I was mainly going for my niece, Kristin as she lived next door to Nichole and they were very good friends. 
We then went to Krissi's house.  She was having a hard time coping with Nichole's death, but there isn't an easy way to get through it.  We played with Kaden and Kaleb for awhile.  Kaden is always excited to see me and yells, Aunt Connie as he runs over to give me a hug.  Kaleb runs straight to Uncle Dwayne; he won't have a thing to do with me.
Saturday:
The weather was so much better, it was nice to get outside.  I went with Dwayne to cut wood.  Poor Dwayne, the first load he cut, it was so muddy we couldn't get in to it.  Second cutting went much smoother.
I spent the afternoon working on taxes and then spent two hours making ham roll-ups to take to Mom's on Sunday for our delayed Christmas celebration.  Dwayne fixed supper and then we watched a new television show on TV based on Jeanette Oke's books.  I love reading all of her novels.
Sunday:
A lady I used to work with at Stricker Clinic years ago, Eithel Prewett, passed away and her visitation and funeral was on Sunday.  That morning, I went in for her visitation.  It was a nice reflection on Eithel's life.  She was much older than the rest of us girls that worked for Dr. Stricker and she kind of took us all under her wing.  I have fond memories of Eithel.
Around 12:30, we had our delayed Christmas at Mom's.  We had a good time.  I forgot to take my camera with me.
Afterwards, April, Mike and Cash came to the house for awhile.  We played Phase 10 and played with Cash
You can't tell, but he is smiling in the picture. 
 He loves laying on our footstool
Of course, he loves his Grandpa.
 
After the kids left, Dwayne watched TV and I read a book.  A very relaxing evening.
 
I am grateful for my family and even more aware of how precious life is after the week we had.



No comments:

Post a Comment