Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Weekend:

Friday:
We didn't do much.  Zach was still at the house and ate supper with us.  We watched a movie and then I took Zach home.  I visited with Judy and her family for awhile, then home to bed.
Saturday:
My great nephew, Liam's birthday party was in the afternoon.  We met April and Cash at the junction of 42 and 133 and then went on to Crocker for the party.
Liam, then and now

Liam is such a cute little boy and had an exciting time of opening presents and eating his cake.
There was quite a bit of family there so it was nice to visit.
After the part, we took April back to her car and then went on over to her house with Cash with us.  Grandma Connie bought her own car seat for trips with our grandson.  I brought the soup over and we all ate a couple bowls.  We were going to play cards but I think we were all too stuffed and tired.
We watched Saving Private Ryan and Cash sat right there with Grandpa watching the whole show.  He loves TV and just like all guys, a good war movie.  lol
All three guys in a trance.
Even a war movie can get long and put you to sleep.
 
We didn't stay too late as it's a long drive home.  I kept trying to deny the fact snow was coming.
Sunday:
Well, guess who was wrong about the snow!!  We played a lot of Rummy.  Dwayne wins almost every time.  We went up and checked on Mom and Dad but that was the extent of our outing.
Monday:
Dwayne needed to feed and water the cows so to get out of the house I went with him.  VERY cold out and the roads were bad.  We took a bale of hay down to Chad's horses and stopped in to visit him and Desmon.  Todd came in from Rolla and said he found himself driving along and all of a sudden he was in the ditch and going back the way he came from.  He said he stood out in the cold holding a chain trying to get someone to stop and pull him out.  They all just waved.  (and my poor boy was freezing........).  Finally, a Rolla City Utility truck stopped and pulled him out.
I had planned on fixing round steak for supper but just really didn't want to so I didn't.  We drank a couple glasses of wine and played Rummy from 5:30 to 11:30.  Dwayne won three games and I won three.  We started the tie-breaker but I was just too tired.
Tuesday
Dwayne took me into work.  I could have probably drove but the roads were still pretty bad.  I did cook supper (Dwayne was so glad...) lol and then we played Rummy.  Dwayne won the tie-breaker!!  Darn it!!  So, we played some more.  I won one, Dwayne won one and then he won the tie-breaker AGAIN!  I may have to try again tonight.  I did take time out to watch my show The Haves and the Have Nots.  Not sure how they're going to get out of the mess they're in right now.
 
I am grateful for a warm home and a good husband.  We have a good life.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment