Friday, January 3, 2014

Evening with the greats:

After supper, Zach, Nathan, Lizzy and Gunner came over to spend the night.  We played Skip-Bo and had brownies and hot chocolate.  Gunner ate so many brownies, I thought he might puke!  lol
After the Skip-Bo games, the kids went downstairs to play Foosball and watch TV.  They love the Foosball table.
Dwayne and Zach watched TV upstairs and I cut up vegetable to put a crockpot of soup on this morning.  After Dwayne and Zach went to bed, Lizzy and I stayed up to watch our new favorite show, The Haves and the Have Nots.  Very entertaining show!!  Maybe too old for Lizzy but she loves it anyway.
I have three extra bedrooms upstairs and the kids still sleep on the couch and love seat.  Zach is the only one who slept up in a bed.  My bedrooms just go to waste.  I think I'll teach my grand kids from early on to sleep upstairs.  lol
This morning, I got up before the kids to put the soup on and to drink a cup of coffee without interruptions.  I then got busy making chocolate chip/peanut butter chip pancakes.  I always make chocolate chip for company but we got creative this time and added the peanut butter chips.  It was very yummy!!
I left for work and the kids stayed with Dwayne until Tony was supposed to come pick them up.

I am grateful for my extended family of great nieces and nephews and that they still like to come over to their "old"  Aunt Connie's to spend the night and have a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment