Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year:

New Year's Eve:
We stayed home and had a nice T-Bone steak and shrimp dinner along with St. James sweet wine.
We then just watched TV until about 11 o'clock and then went to bed. 
New Year's:
I went with Dwayne to cut wood.  While he was cutting wood, I went for a walk.  It was quite a hill and I was going to walk to the property line but I went just over the hill to a clearing and still couldn't see a fence line in sight so I turned around and went back.  I helped Dwayne load the wood.  I haven't done that in years and forgot how heavy the sticks were.  We were cutting wood on a neighbor that had his place logged and Dwayne cut from the off falls.
We then stopped at Chad's.  My nephew, Wayne and his girlfriend, Dionne was there along with Todd.  We had a very nice visit.
While Dwayne was splitting wood, I did some laundry and a few things around the house.
In the afternoon, my great niece, Lizzy, great nephew, Nathan and a great nephew we only see a couple times a year, Gunner came over.  I had a good time with the kids.  Lizzy and I spent the afternoon wrapping Mom's gifts for our delayed Sunday Christmas and Nathan and Gunner played Foosball in the basement.  We had pizza and lemonade for supper.
Gunner thinks he's an alien (he's eight years old) and would zap me every little bit.  I would shake my head and wave my arms around and he was so pleased his zapping powers were working.  He has an Aunt Betty that lives close to him and he sometimes forgets and calls me Aunt Betty.  He said "I love you, Aunt Betty".  Lizzy said, "Wow, he never says that, he must really like you".  lol  He also said he'd never spent the night at Aunt Betty's, so tonight him, Lizzy and Nathan are coming over and spending the night.  I'm cutting down a little bit on my always saying yes to everything and told them they could but they had to eat supper first.  Saves me a little work.  lol
So, tonight I have a whole menu of activities they've lined out for us to do.  One being playing Skip-Bo.  At least that's a game pretty easily played.  Should be an interesting night. 
I have to make them chocolate chip pancakes in the morning before I go to work and I think we're done after that.  Wish me luck.  lol

I pray that 2014 is a good year.  We had a few unfortunate happenings in 2013, so I'm hoping for a better year.  Isn't it funny how we put so much emphasis on a new year, like it's something magical.

I am grateful good happenings in 2013, family, friends and a good job with good people to work for.

Here's to a Happy New Year to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment