Monday, December 23, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
We went to my nephew, Tony's for his son Nathan's 14th birthday party.  We had a good time visiting.
Saturday:
I went to Rolla shopping.  The stores were very crowded but everyone was very friendly.  A lot of Merry Christmas greetings and people just saying hello.  A nice holiday atmosphere.
That evening Dwayne and I went to a cousin's wedding in Rolla.  It was a beautiful ceremony.
We then drove through Lion's Club Park to look at the Christmas lights.  I have always wanted to do that but it never interested Dwayne.  I think he enjoyed it, too.  Our favorite was the one of the fisherman out in the lake reeling in a big fish.  Don't know what it had to do with Christmas but it was very neat.
We then went home and watched a couple of Christmas movies.  A very good day.
Sunday:
Woke up at 6:30 a.m. to the phone ringing.  My sister, Judy called to say Mom was very sick and they were taking her to the hospital by ambulance.  I never could go back to sleep but laid there and rested awhile longer.  I went to the hospital and found out Mom had a severe case of pneumonia.  Fortunately, her heart checked out okay and all her blood cultures looked good.   I stayed until around one o'clock and then went home to where Dwayne had dinner fixed.  Steak and baked potatoes.  Very good.  I told him I was really tired and going to take a nap.  Well, it must have been a long winter nap as Dwayne woke me up at 6:45 p.m.   He said I needed to get up so I could go to bed later.  lol
He once again cooked and we had sirloin steak and potatoes.  Dwayne really helps a lot around the house anymore.  He is spoiling me.
Another evening of watching a Christmas movie.  There has been a lot of good Christmas movies on this year.

I am very grateful for my family and especially grateful I still have my Momma and pray she recovers from this bout of pneumonia.  Please pray for her.

1 comment:

  1. Will be thinking of your Mom and hope she continues to improve...

    ReplyDelete