Monday, December 16, 2013

Weekend:

Friday:
Desmon came over and spent a few hours with us.   He helped me wrap Christmas presents.  We have a lot of presents decorated with black magic marker..........   It's a good thing I'm not the super picky neat present wrapper of days old.
Saturday:
Believe it or not but I spent almost the WHOLE day cleaning out my roll top desk!  How can a person accumulate so much junk and paperwork?  And I have several drawers that need the same cleaning plus closets.   Makes me tired and anxious just thinking about it.
Saturday evening we went to a Christmas party.  We had such a good time visiting with friends.  If laughter is the best medicine, we should all be well for the whole 2014 year!!
Sunday:
Sad to say, but I didn't go to church again.   We were having Chad's birthday dinner and I just can't seem to handle going to church and cooking anymore.  I've also not been feeling very well this fall; not sure if it's a lupus flare-up or just generally not feeling well.  Sure slows a person down.
We had Chad's favorite of lasagna, April's favorite of scalloped asparagus-a recipe from Bess Green, a lady I used to clean for.  She told me I needed to always fix this as a funeral dish to take to families. lol  You just had to know Bess; she was quite the character.
We had a nice evening visiting and of course enjoying Cash.
 
I am grateful for my family and friends and especially my son celebrating his 35th birthday on December 12th.

2 comments:

  1. Connie -- I don't know if I remember you ever talking about Bess Green but I knew her well. I did her son's funeral, her husband's funeral and her funeral -- and her grandson, Ryan, was our youngest son's best friend and neighbor growing up. Small world. She was a character -- I can still picture her all dressed up to go to the grocery store wearing her red felt hat. K.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to a funeral with her once and I thought I was all dressed up, BUT I did not wear a hat and Bess thought we should stop and buy me one. lol
    I have tons of funny stories from when I cleaned for her. Never a dull moment!!

    ReplyDelete