Monday, December 9, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend:

Thursday:
All of us kids were home for Thanksgiving.  It's so nice to still be able to go to Mom and Dad's for the holidays.  And Mom still does the cooking.   This year, Dwayne and I went up that morning and helped her.  Dwayne and Mom made the dressing and Dwayne cut up the Capon and Turkey.  Never even heard of Capon until last year when Mom cooked one.  Baby Cash was the hit of the party.
Friday:
I watched Desmon while Chad worked.  We had a good day of watching TV and playing.  That evening I spoke to Todd and he was sick with the flu.  I made a pan of potato soup and Dwayne took it too him.
Saturday:
Might have been a mistake sending Dwayne to Todd's as he came down with the flu during the night.  I spent all day Saturday cooking and prepping for the Elrod Thanksgiving on Sunday.
Sunday:
Well, that didn't happen.  I woke up during the night sick, very sick!  Dwayne had to help me walk any time I had to get up.  What a miserable day.
I texted the kids early to say I had to cancel Thanksgiving and maybe Uncle David would come get the turkey.  (Dwayne had put it on at six that morning).  Not long after, Chad texted and asked if I care if he came and got all the food and had Thanksgiving at his house.  Care?  My goodness no!!  And proud is what I am for my thirty-four year old single son to offer to do Thanksgiving!!  I always felt the Thanksgiving meal was kind of intimidating; with the dressing and all the side dishes that go with the meal.
David and his family were at Chad's, Desmon, Todd, April, Mike, Cash and Mom and Dad. Sounds like they had a good day.  So sorry we missed it.
This flu was a real doozy!!  Dwayne and I were in bed all day.  Missed work on Monday, too.

I am grateful for my family and especially my adult kids.  They are each so special.

No comments:

Post a Comment