Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Most Admired Person:

The person I most admire is my childhood friend, Pat Workman.  Pat came home from her lucrative job in Las Vegas a couple years ago to take care of her Mom who is bedridden.  This is a twenty-four hour a day, seven days a week job with no breaks.  Family comes in to help with the lifting but the constant care is on Pat's shoulders.
I just came from a visit and always enjoy reminiscing with Maxine.  We used to teach Bible School together to about 17 three and four year olds.  What a time we had!!  lol
Pat was doing Maxine's tube feeding while I was there.  What a time consuming procedure that is; and that is more than once a day.  Pat is so patient with her Mom and doesn't complain.
As much as I admire Pat; I would have never thought she would be the one taking care of her Mom.  Pat's personality just didn't fit the bill.  Funny, how we all change.

I am grateful to have had the Workman's as neighbors and Pat and the others as childhood friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment