Tuesday, April 16, 2013

My big strong brother of mine.......

When I was a little girl, I idolized my oldest brother.  He would spend hours playing farm with me.  He would drive nails in the ground and stretch string around them for fencing.  Cut up grass and bind it together for hay bales.  I thought the moon rose and set in my brother.
When we moved up to the new house, we had a huge clay dirt mound that was fun to play on. (looked like a small hill to me)  Wayne would dig out steps to the top.  After a rain, he would have to start over again.  He would come home from school and I would say, "Wayne, my big strong handsome brother of mine, will you build me some new steps?"  And that was all it took.
Well, my big strong handsome brother is having open heart surgery tomorrow for valve replacement.  Luckily, his arteries have tested fine so we don't foresee any problems with by-pass, just the heart valve.  I would appreciate any prayers for him and the surgeons.  Also, for my sister-in-law, Bobby as she is a pretty serious diabetic and will be staying at the hospital with him.
 
I am so grateful for each one in my family and today most grateful for my oldest brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment