Monday, April 15, 2013

Busy Weekend:

Friday:
Nathan and Liz came over for supper and to just hang out until their Mom picked them up.  Lizzy always keeps us entertained.  Nathan likes to watch different TV shows than us so he usually goes to the basement.  We miss them if they don't come over.  (I know, we're weird like that)
Saturday:
Busy day of working around the house, trip to Lowe's for a lawn mower tire-which happened to not fit the lawn mower-so another trip will have to be planned.
Rushed making a food to take to two different events.
First-fish fry at Chad's.  Todd fried the fish and Chad cooked the side dishes.  Both boys are excellent cooks and it certainly showed Saturday evening.  The food was delicious.  I'm not usually a fish eater, but these were really good.
We left there and headed over to Mike and Susan's for a get together.  It's nice to spend an evening visiting with friends.
Sunday:
Went to church.  Not long after I got home, Mike and April got there.  They brought my birthday present, a gravy separator from Pampered Chef.  I had been wanting one for quite some time.  (Thanks, April)
After Chad and Todd got there, we all headed to Sybil's in St. James to celebrate mine and Todd's birthdays.  I love to eat at Sybil's, it's my favorite restaurant.  Unfortunately, Sunday's food was not up to par.  Disappointing!  But we had a good time.
Todd, the birthday boy
Mine and Todd's annual picture together
and yes, it wouldn't be a picture of the two of us
without this pose!!  lol  Another annual picture...
Mike, Chad, April, Todd, me and Dwayne
quite the motley crew
 
After eating, we headed back to Lowe's to exchange the lawn mower tire-but they didn't have one that will fit.  I did get four ferns to hang on the porch for my birthday.  Of course, no one thinks I will be able to keep them alive.  I'm kind of known for my brown thumb.  I just don't take the time to care for plants like I used to.  I'm going to try to do better.  And none of them remember how I use to have a beautiful yard and garden.
As if we hadn't done enough running for the day, we went to Vichy to check on the cows and take some cattle panels over.  While Dwayne started setting up to do some fishing at the lake, I went to the stables in Vichy to pick up Zach.  He is working weekends cleaning out stalls and walking horses.  He seemed to have had a good day but he did look tired.  Nothing a little fishing won't cure.  I read a book while they fished.  It was a nice relaxing evening.


After taking Zach home, we had "supper" of ice cream cones.  It's our dairy product for the day.  lol

I am grateful for my family and the occasions we have to get together.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment