Monday, April 22, 2013

Extended Birthday Celebrations:

Thursday:
Dwayne got home early and Chad invited us down for a pre-birthday supper.  Todd was there and they fried wild turkey, mushrooms and potatoes.  A typical Elrod meal, fried, fried, fried!!  lol  The only thing missing from the Elrod type meal was wilted lettuce.
It's nice to be waited on.
Friday:
I took the day off for me and Dwayne to go running around on my birthday but I wasn't feeling well and just lazed around all day.
Friday evening, we went to La Cabana in St. James for supper.  Very good food and you get alot.  A fellow classmate, Mick Byrd was the entertainment for the night.  Another friend, Kathy Schulte Kleffner was there along with Mick's wife, Debbie.  Good music, good friends and a lovely evening.
Saturday:
I had plans of painting trim but decided to go with Dwayne instead.  After going to Vichy to feed the cows, we headed yo Wardsville to pick up some tractor parts.  It was a nice day to be out.  I had Dwayne drop me off at Wal-Mart to buy groceries while he went on to get the parts.
I spent the afternoon shampooing the living room furniture.  It's always nice to have fresh smelling throw pillows and furniture.
We went to Sput's for a fish fry that evening.  Followed by going home and watching a movie.
Sunday:
April met me in Vienna and we went to a friend's, (Erica Stratman) bridal shower.  She received a lot of nice gifts and we enjoyed visiting with people we don't see often.
I fixed  supper of pork roast, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn and spinach with hot fudge cake for dessert.  Invited Chad and Todd over and we had a good evening of food and visiting.

I am grateful for another birthday and time spent with family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment