Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, 1977:

I will blog about my weekend later, but first I want to remember my Uncle Gale Feeler as his funeral was thirty-three years ago today.
Uncle Gale had a heart attack on Labor Day weekend 1977 at the Gasconade River. Our good friend, Bob Prigge(deceased 4/11/1979) found Uncle Gale floating in the river from an apparent heart attack.
I spent a lot of time at Uncle Gale and Aunt Betty's growing up, visiting with cousins, Jerry and Debbie. His death was a complete shock to everyone and especially with the way he died. In hindsight, it is fitting that he die at the place he loved to be. They had a log cabin on the river and spent much time there.
I remember the day of the funeral as it was only three days before my wedding. Dwayne and I were married on the 10th and my aunts, uncles and grandma were at the wedding. After having kids of my own, I am amazed at the strength my Grandma had by coming to the wedding so soon after losing her son. I am grateful Grandma made my day special by being there.

No comments:

Post a Comment