Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Friday:
I took the day off from work. Originally, Dwayne and I had planned to go for a drive to celebrate our anniversary and spend the night somewhere. He couldn't get off work so April and I celebrated by having lunch at Benton Square in Rolla.
I can remember from my childhood some of my friends at church went to Benton Elementary and some went to Pershing. The old school building was remodeled with a restaurant and shops. The decor reminds me of watching old Hollywood movies. The food was very good.


After dropping April off back at work, I did some shopping and ran a few errands.
We stayed home Friday evening and planned on going to Sybil's on Saturday night.
Saturday:
Dwayne worked in the field and I basically did nothing. Getting pretty good at that!! lol
We went to Sybil's in St. James for dinner. The food is always excellent, the steaks you can cut with a fork. Very good!! We saw my boss John and his wife, Sheila there along with Sheila's mother.

After eating, we stopped at a friend's bar, Sput's Place, on the way home. Several of our friends were there, also. The band sang a song and dedicated it to me and Dwayne for thirty-three years of marriage. We slow danced to the song and we thought it would never get over! I can't believe my legs were sore from dancing ONE slow dance!! I'd better get back on that treadmill!
Sunday:
Dwayne and I went to church and then to Mom's for Sunday dinner. I can't believe my Mom!! She is almost 81 and still cooks a Sunday meal before going to church!! Mom and Dad were still at church when we got there and Mom had chicken n dumplings, vegetables, cake, peaches, bread pudding and jars of canned pickles all ready!! Chad and Todd were both there and it was a great afternoon visiting. Desmon came with Chad and he wanted to go home with me, but I was so tired I didn't let him. I hate to disappoint a kid but I was exhausted. For some stupid reason, I didn't go to sleep until around five in the morning. I guess too much excitement!! I mean we did actually go out to eat and then went to a bar and didn't get home until around 12:30 a.m. (and no, I didn't drink, I had two Sun Drops)
After leaving Mom and Dad's, I slept for almost three hours, got up, watched TV and then back to bed at ten.

As with all marriages, we've had our share of ups and downs, but I am so grateful that Dwayne and I have made a commitment to marriage and making a home for our children.

2 comments: