Friday, September 17, 2010

September 17, 1988:


Kyle Christopher Brouk
9/17/1988 - 2/05/1998

I remember twenty-two years ago today, my friend Susan Jo had her little boy, Kyle Christopher Brouk.
We were building our house at the time and my other friend, Susan and I were wallpapering my bathroom when Chris called to tell us of Kyle's birth.  (Wallpapering involved two little girls April and Kelsey hanging on our legs and being in the way.  How we ever got anything done, I don't have a clue).
Kyle was a beautiful baby and much loved by his sister, Adrian. Kyle held a special place in the heart of his parents, family and friends. Kyle was a great child, very inquisitive and outgoing. 

Kyle was murdered along with his Mom, Susan and sister, Adrian in February 1998.  It is still so hard to believe. I think God has put me in a protective shell of some sort as I still to this day cannot think or dwell on the horrible tragedy that came to our small community.  I am a dweller, and I will worry and think a situation to pieces.  I feel guilty that I don't dwell on this tragedy but am ever so grateful that I can think of Susan, Adrian and Kyle the way they were and basically "bury" any feelings related to their death and the trials of the murderers. My friend's family has endured so much tragedy in their lives and I pray for them daily. What a burden of sorrow they bare.

1 comment:

  1. I think in our minds it's still all just a dream. So hard to bare the truth and to know someone could actually murder a mother and her children in our small community.

    ReplyDelete