Thursday, September 16, 2010

Neat Judy aka Sloppy Joe Recipe:

I used to buy sloppy joe seasoning packets or Manwhich when making Sloppy Joes.
For the last few years I have been using a recipe from the Mother's Day Kindergarten Cookbook that April gave me in 1992. The recipe is easy and I have the ingredients on hand.

Sloppy Joes
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup ketchup
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. Wylers beef bouillon or 2 beef flavored bouillon cubes
2 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. mustard
In skillet, brown meat with peppers and onions.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Drain fat,
add remaining ingredients, bring to a boil Reduce heat,
cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes.

Recipe submitted by Dustin Juergens

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the kindergarten cookbooks! I wish that they still did them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to go home and make 'Neat Judys' for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete