Monday, October 23, 2017

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I worked at the flower shop to help Wanda out as Brenda was off for the day. I like working at the flower shop as there is something different to do all the time.  My last delivery for the day was delivering a beautiful flower to a lady in Bland.  On Google Map, it looked easy to find. I stopped at almost every house on Cleavesville Road but no one knew the lady.  I had been trying to call her but didn't have service.  I pulled over as I was leaving Cleavesville Road and got an answer but then lost service.  I was getting pretty aggravated by then.  I drove into Bland and tried again.  This time I got through and the man said to just stay where I was, he would come in.  Didn't even take but a couple minutes til he was there.  His wife had had a heart attack that day.  I was certainly glad we connected so she could get her flower.  I then tried to call home but had no service.  I'm thinking, was it divine intervention we got the connection to set up a meeting place.
 April was bringing the kids over for the weekend after work.  I knew Dwayne would be home before long but it was now 5:30.  I kept trying to call but had not reception.  Finally got through when I was almost to Vichy.  Dwayne had the kids; I met April on the road.
Saturday:
The kids start their day cuddling.
After the kids had breakfast, Cash and Dwayne went to get Dwayne a haircut and run errands.   Iva and I played and then she took a nap.  After Dwayne and Cash got home, we all went to feed the cows.  Cash gets such a kick out of driving the truck in the field.  Iva enjoyed the moo cows.  We had a new baby calf Cash was excited to see.
We then went to Pa Great's to work on getting the molasses press and mill taken apart to move to Chad's.  We are now going to be making Feeler/Elrod Molasses at Chad's every year.
Dwayne had to go home to pick up some tools so Iva and I stayed home.  Chad came by.  Iva went right to him.  Pa Great was there and she waved by to him as if she was leaving with Chad.  After they left, she went down for another nap.  Cash was one tired, dirty little boy when he got home.  He was pretty excited about all the work he had done.  After supper, Cash "cooked" us a meal and laid out real plates and silverware for us to eat.  I was his first guest.  I automatically started to eat my pretend food.  Cash said, "Grandma".  I looked over and he had his little hand out for us to join hands and pray.  I was so proud of him.  We always do this before a meal. He had quite the fun having me and then Pa eat with him.  Iva is content just to play quietly or color.
Sunday:
April came over mid morning.  She had a good time the day before.  Her and a few of her friends took the train from Jefferson City to Herman for the day for October Fest.  They then ate at Madison's in Jeff City.  April had calamari, which is squid.  She said it wasn't bad.  We ate deli lunch meat for dinner and then April headed home.  Poor thing, both kids got super car sick on the ride home.  They are both prone to car sickness. 
I took a nap and Dwayne watched TV.  That evening, we went to see our friends, Phil and Carol Bailey.  Phil had surgery earlier in the summer for throat cancer and has been in and out of the hospital ever since.  He is not doing very good.  Carol had carotid artery surgery Thursday for a 90% blocked artery.  She's not bouncing back as fast as she thought she would.  She had a full time job plus taking care of Phil.  We had a good visit.
We have another friend, Kenny Allen, Sr. who has cancer.  We stopped to see him and Pat on the way home.  Kenny was in good spirits but things don't look too good for him.  I always enjoy visiting with Pat.
Came home and watched TV
Monday:
Did my morning chores and then made a custard pie to take over to Tony and Bobbi's.  Bobbi is recovering from a double mastectomy.  We had a good visit and Bobbi is doing so much better.
 
I'm so grateful for our family's health.  Please pray for my friends as they are enduring much with their cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment