Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Day With Dad:

Dad thought he needed to go to the store, but after checking the fridge found he didn't need anything.  I suggested we go for a drive.  We wound up at my Aunt Alice and Uncle Robert Feeler's house.  We had a nice visit.  Although, I was saddened at the condition Aunt Alice was in.  She's very weak and her mind is just not the same.  Aunt Alice has always been a whirlwind, never winding down.  I have always looked up to Aunt Alice.  It was hard to see her that way.  Uncle Robert is doing pretty good but he doesn't get out much.  When we left, I was even more grateful for how active Dad is and able to take care of himself.
Dad must be pretty lonely this week.  He called me ten times yesterday, plus I went up to visit with him for awhile.  I don't mind the calls, they are a way to connect with Dad throughout the day.
Dad has come to depend on me being here for him since I'm not working right now.  It's a good time.
We went to the Vichy Wye to eat lunch.   I'm so full; I'm not sure if I can eat supper.  I feel like I could take a nap.  But then I wouldn't get the yard (leaves!) mowed.  I keep putting it off.

                                                                Had a great day and feeling grateful for time spent with Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment