Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Weekend Recap and Dad's 93rd Birthday:

Friday:
I decided to get out of the house and go visiting.  I had to go to Vienna anyway.  I first checked my lottery ticket-surprise, no winners!  I first went to see an old High School friend, Sharon Hutchison.  We had a good visit and she hasn't changed much since High School.  I then stopped at John and Sheila Allen's.  I used to work for them at Black Gold Pet Food.  I loved that job!!  Unfortunately, they sold the business.  Today is Sheila's and her granddaughter, Bailey's birthday.  Sheila got a big surprise at Bailey's birthday party as she is going to get another grandchild in May, 2018.  Great news for them.
Saturday:
I worked a couple hours at the flower shop and then Dwayne and I went off on a goose hunt.  We wanted to buy Cash a toy blue Ford tractor like Grandpa Dwayne has.  I looked up dealers on line and there was one in Rosebud.  Apparently, they don't sell many Ford's but mainly Internationals.  We did not find a toy tractor like we wanted.  I tried buying one online but it came as a miniature replica.  Right tractor, wrong size.
We then drove on to Herman for Octoberfest.   We're pretty lazy at these events.  We just drove around and looked at the wineries but didn't go in to any of them.  Out of our comfort zone, I guess.  We did have lunch at a German Restaurant and it was very good. 
I took a nap when we got home.  Chef salad for supper, tv and an early night.
Sunday:
I got up and started making my dishes to take to Dad's for his 93rd birthday dinner.  Dwayne made his famous sweet potatoes.   Mom taught him how years ago and he's made them ever since.  I'm not fond of sweet potatoes but everyone loves when he makes them.
April and Mike dropped the kids off while they ran into Rolla to Lowe's and to pick up the chicken at Lee's.
We had a tea party with they kids.


We had a great turn out for Dad's party.  Chad couldn't be there as he had to work at S & T.  He was setting up the platform for William Shatner to be the guest speaker.  When the kids were little, we watched a lot of 911 and William Shatner was the narrator.  April was almost four and was a contestant in the Little Miss Extravaganza at the Vichy Airport.  When asked who her favorite movie star was, she answered, "William Shatner".  We all thought it was cute.  The judges didn't get it.  So it was a joke in the family for years that April's favorite movie star was William Shatner.  Wish we would have known about it earlier and got tickets to go.
Dad had fun celebrating his birthday and even danced a jig-which he is famous for.  It was an overall good day of fun and visiting with family.
 
I am extremely glad to still have my Dad with us.
 
On a sadder note, Saturday the 28th was the two year anniversary of Mom's death.  Still miss her as much as when it happened.
 

2 comments:

  1. You may try Family Center for a ford tractor I believe I got Blake one back when he was little and wanted a tractor like his Dwayne had.
    So glad for you to still have your dad around and that he is still able to get out and enjoy life and to dance!

    ReplyDelete