Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Weekend Update:

Friday Night:
We stayed home.  I fixed steak parmesan for supper.
Saturday:
I went to the hay field with Dwayne.  I was to drive the truck while he loaded hay bales with the tractor.  I took a book along to read.  Did real good, drove the truck/trailer across the highway as Dwayne drove the tractor.  He used the tractor to unload the hay bales into the barn while I read.  All going well.  All of a sudden, someone is tapping on the truck window.  Dwayne had drove the tractor up and through the gate and I'm still down at the barn.  I hadn't noticed him go by at all.  He said (kindly) it did a lot of good to have you come along so I don't have to walk so much.  He did laugh some.  I laughed all the way through the gate.  What can I say, it was a good book.
We hauled another load and then went to Sput's for lunch.  Afterward, I went to Cuba for Cody's little boy Jayce's first birthday party.
 

After the party, I went to visit my friend, Barb who lives in Cuba.  Unfortunately, she wasn't home.  I always have such a good time visiting with Barb.
When I got home, Michelle called to see if I had any Benadryl.  Chad's dog, Sandy had got bitten by a snake.  I took down some allergy medicine.  Visited with them awhile.
Dwayne came home from the field, we ate supper and called it an early night.
Sunday:
I was having the kids over for April's birthday dinner.  I fixed cauliflower soup, chicken pot pie and blackberry cobbler.  Dad came down for dinner also.  These times of getting together are very important to me.
Iva looks so much like my Mom.
The day was bittersweet as we've always had a big dinner for everyone to celebrate Mom and April's birthdays together.  Mom's was the 18th and April's is the 19th.
We had a good time visiting with the grandkids as April and Mike came over early for April to do laundry as her washer/dryer isn't working.  Cash loves to have a trailer hooked up to his truck.  We have an auger (full size) on the basketball court.  Cash looked at it, kicked it, walked around it a few times, then backs his truck up to it.  He lifts the arm of the auger and places it down exactly on the little hook of the truck.  Too bad the auger is full size or he would have drove off with it.  Both kids have such fun with the truck.  A very good purchase.
 
I am so grateful for my beautiful daughter and to celebrate another birthday with her.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment