Monday, September 25, 2017

Long week and weekend:

On Tuesday, I met April at 42 Junction to pick up the kids.  April was going to have surgery the next day.  I was worried about Iva as she's such a Momma's girl, but she did just fine.  Both kids had a good time playing with Grandpa when he got home from work.
Wednesday:  Woke up with a really bad headache.  Kept getting worse and I started throwing up.  It was hard to take care of the kids being sick.  I called Michelle, but she couldn't get off work.  Todd was able to get off and he took Cash with him.  I could handle Iva since it was almost nap time.  Spent most of the day lying on the couch.  Mike called to let me know April made it out of surgery just fine and would get to go home that afternoon.  She wasn't suppose to lift anything heavy for a couple weeks. Cash spent the night with Todd and Michelle.  Iva slept with us.
Thursday:  Todd brought Cash home midmorning.  We spent the time outside with Cash riding the truck and Iva riding with him sometimes.  Both kids at a good lunch.  I put Iva down for a nap and Cash and I colored and watched cartoons.  Around three, he fell asleep watching TV.  He was still asleep when Dwayne got home.  We enjoyed the evening watching the kids play.
Friday:  We got up at 6:30 and ate our breakfast on the back porch.  Dwayne was home sick.  Mid-morning, we went to Belle to pick up a radiator for Dwayne's tractor.  We then went to visit Dwayne's cousin, Reba's house.  We had a good visit while Cash played with little cars and trucks.  Iva sat on the couch like a little grownup.  Friday evening, Cash and I made a pizza.

Saturday:  You could tell the kids were starting to miss their Mom.  They were both a little whiney.  Cash and Grandpa were going to go see Chad, Todd and Michelle.   Iva wanted to go too.  I think Dwayne was a little surprised she was already wanting to go with him.  Him and Cash did get away later to go feed the cows.  The kids were having fun going on a walk.   They held hands and went around by the kitchen and hallway back to the living room.  They did this several times.
They were very happy to see their Mom.  April was still sore and really shouldn't be lifting Iva but what else do you do when you're a Mom.  She stayed for awhile before they left.   The house was quiet after they were gone.  We had got used to them being here.  We enjoyed our time together and it was a chance to get to know Iva better.  Grandpa was surprised she didn't go to him more but she was a Grandma's girl and set on my lap a lot.  Cash is pretty much Grandpa's boy until he gets tired or gets a little scrape or bump.
Sunday:
I went to church and then to Rolla to buy a baby gift.  Aunt Fern is getting a new great-granddaughter and the shower was at her granddaughter's Tammi Lincoln's.  I was excited to go as I used to clean that house.  They've remodeled and it looked quite different.  It was nice to see cousins I hadn't seen in awhile.
Came home and made tamale pie for supper.  It was an early night for both of us.
 
I am grateful for my family and especially the successful outcome of April's surgery.
 




2 comments:

  1. I hope it was nothing serious with April...and that she is healing fast!

    ReplyDelete