Thursday, September 14, 2017

Visiting old friends:

 
This morning, Dad and I went to visit some friends of his, Charles and Fay.  Dad and Charles relived their earlier years.  Dad, Mom, Charles, Fay and my Uncle Gale and Aunt Ruby used to go on dates together.   I've seen several pictures of this era and it looks like they had so much fun.
Sadly, Charles and Fay are in poor health.  Fay, especially so.  I visited with Fay but unfortunately I could not understand much of what she said,
Fay and Charles came to visit more than one time during our last week with Mom.  Fay sat by Mom's bed and held her hand for an hour or more.  She told stories about when they were kids and the games they played, the times spent at school and shared a bond of losing their Mom's at a young age.  I know Mom heard Fay, as she would grip her hand tighter at times and had a smile on her face.  This visit meant a lot to all of us.
Today, I once again thanked God for my Dad's health and being of sound mind.  So much, we take for granted.
                                                                
                                                                         I am most grateful for my Dad and times spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment