Friday, February 12, 2016

Grief and the answering machine:

I've done pretty good since Momma died, better than I expected.  There are days it gets to you pretty bad.
I've had a message from Mom on my answering machine since last summer.  I'm always careful to not delete it.  It's nice to just press a button and hear Momma's voice.  Last night, I accidentally erased it.  I was so stunned it happened.  I cried like a baby and cried some more.  It was like my link to Mom and I had lost that.  I know we're linked through our Christian faith and heaven,(and God) but this was a tangible message.  Now I really feel lost and sad.  I know the grief will fade but I was a mess.
Dwayne is so understanding.  He is there anytime I need him.  This time I just needed to be alone and think of Mom.  Dwayne would check on me from time to time.
I am so grateful we got to have Momma with us as long as we did.  She suffered alot the past year and when she passed away, it was a relief not to see her suffer.  But I sure do miss  her.
Dad is doing good.  He gets out and goes somewhere about every day.  He calls me, Judy and Kate every evening to check on us.  I'm  thankful he's doing as well as he is.

I am grateful for my Mother and the close bond we shared.  I shall always miss her, some days more than others.  But I do feel God has given me an extra strength through Mom's death.  I have done really well and I know I'll continue with God's help.

No comments:

Post a Comment