Monday, February 15, 2016

Friday:
Evening of TV.  Fridays, Dwayne has been too tired to go out.
Saturday:
Katie, Dad and I went to Cuba to order a tombstone for Mom's grave.  It was bitterly cold out.  Dad showed us the parts he wanted and told me and Kate to pick out what we though best.  Dad then went to the warmth of the office.  We stuck it out though; but the warmth in the office sure did feel good.
Mom loved dogwoods and we ordered one with a dogwood engraved on the stone.  He showed us a sketch and it really looked good.  We ate at Country Bob's in St. James.  If you've never ate there, I highly recommend it.  You get very large portions.
On home to a lazy day of watching TV.  We tried to get a reservation at Sybil's but they were already booked solid even on Sunday.  Dwayne decided we'd eat breakfast out
Sunday:
We went to Tater Patch in Rolla for breakfast.  Another restaurant I highly recommend.  I've never had lunch or dinner there, only breakfast and it is very good.  I had snowed overnight and was freezing rain on our way to Rolla.  Thankfully, when we left it wasn't snowing or raining.
It was such a boring day at home Dwayne said, let's go to April's.  She had a few packages that had been delivered to our house so it was a good excuse.  Cash was so HAPPY to see his PaPa.  They are quite the pair.  We had a pleasant afternoon and then on home.  I almost forgot to mention Todd and Michelle left a very nice Valentine's card in the mailbox and a sweet text from Todd.  (Even though he has Michelle, he's still a Momma's boy.  lol)  I also received a nice text from Chad wishing us a Happy Valentine's Day.  So wonderful to hear from all three kids.

Grandma, Cash and PaPa

I am grateful for my family and our close bond.

No comments:

Post a Comment