Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekend Update:

Thursday:
Mom could tell she was getting pneumonia again and was having a hard time breathing.  The nursing  home wouldn't let her go to the hospital.  Judy had to call them and insist they take her by ambulance.  After work, Dad and I went up.  Mom was very sick and could barely take in a deep  breath.  They ran several tests on her.  The admitting doctor said they found a lump in the right lobe  of her lung.  He said it could be bacterial or the possibility of lung cancer.  That's a scary thought as my sister, Judy has lung cancer.  (Fortunately it was not cancer)  The lump could also be causing her shortness of breath.  He did say she had a bad case of pneumonia along with the congestive heart failure.  Dad and I stayed until they assigned her a room.  Sure didn't take me long to fall asleep after I got home.
Friday:  
I worked from noon until five.  When Dwayne got home, we went to see Mom.  She wasn't not breathing well at all and her lungs sounded all crackly. She could only breathe sitting up and leaning on the bedside table.  Very disturbing, I was afraid she wouldn't make it through the night.  My cousins came to visit so Dwayne and I went to Apple Bees and then to Wal-Mart.  Dwayne was shocked at the total.  I told him I am every week.
We then went back to the hospital.  I planned on spending the night.  The later it got, the more tired I was.  Mom insisted I go on home and get some rest.  I don't know if I'm having a flare-up or what but I get extremely tired and have to rest.  Another night of falling asleep quick.
Saturday:
April and Cash came over for the day.  In the afternoon, we went to a friend, Carol Bailey's Mom Sivilla's 90th birthday.  The party was at Broadway Baptist Church.  It was good to see people I used to go to church with.
We then went to Kelsey's baby shower.  Kelsey and April have been friends since birth.  It's amazing they both have families now.  I had made Kelsey a quilt and she also got four others.  The baby won't lack for warmth.



We went on into Rolla to see Mom.  Cash wanted to walk around awhile.  This gave April a chance to have some one on one time with Grandma.  We  went down the hall to the floor to ceiling windows.  Cash loved watching the trucks on the interstate.  Of course the cars are trucks too.  He will argue with you over it.  I decided it was time to go back and Cash wasn't ready to go.  He pointed his little finger at me and said, no, no, no.  It really was cute.  I know it's not something we want him to be doing but it was cute at the time.
Luckily, Cash got to see Grandpa when he got home.   Dwayne took him for a ride in both trucks.  Grandpa spoils him tremendously.
April's car was having problems with the radiator and fan so she left it and took my car.  Works perfect as I now work at Weidinger's and go visit on Wednesdays.  She sent a message today she likes mine better than hers.  Too bad.  lol
After April left, I fell asleep on the couch.  Dwayne woke me up to go on to bed.  He fixed himself a sandwich for supper.
Sunday:
I didn't go to church as April's car wasn't running very good.  I spent the day cleaning as I've not kept up very good lately.  Dwayne did some outside work.  After supper, we watched TV and then an early night.
Monday:
Katie called around noon and the right side of Mom's lung collapsed.  They were going to take her into surgery and insert a tube.  Hard to concentrate at work with Mom not doing well.

I am grateful for family and friends. (and grandson  lol)

No comments:

Post a Comment