Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Weekend of August 29/30th:

Friday:
We ate at Road Kill Grill just a few miles from our house.  They have good barbecue (and no road kill  lol).
Back home to watching TV.  Such exciting lives.
Saturday:
Dwayne spent the day shuffling canoes around for our float trip the next day.  I was at Mom and Dad's helping out.  Mom is not doing too well and filling up on fluid again.
Sunday:
We went on what my brother-in-law, David, calls "old hippie float trip".  lol  I love the river.  I have more respect for the water since my brother, Wayne drowned last year.  I'm way more cautious.
Chad and Todd a few of their friends also joined us.  (don't think David liked that too well......)
I can't believe I got to go the river two weeks in a row.  When the kids were small, we bought a boat.
We spent at least one day per weekend on the river.  Such fun memories.  Now we don't have a boat, so float trips is our only way of being on the river.
I found out on last year's float, it's much harder getting back in the canoe in the water.  It was so embarrassing!  Phil and Dwayne both had to pick me up and put me back in.  I felt like a huge beached whale.  This year I only swam when we were pulled up to a gravel bar.
The weather was cooler and it was a great day to be on the river.  Beautiful scenery.
The trip home was a little risky as we had all the canoes on our trailer (Chad, Todd's, etc.)  As the boys didn't have vehicles at our pull out point, we had to overload our vehicles.  Todd and Tim sat in the back of the truck.  I was so nervous going down the road.  And to think we used to ride in the back all the time.  David also drove a group to our house.
It was a very relaxing time spent visiting friend and enjoying God's nature.

I am grateful for good friends and time spent together.

No comments:

Post a Comment