Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Mom and April's Birthday:

Saturday:
I've been working on a baby quilt for Kelsey, my friend Susan's daughter.  I've had nothing but problems.  My sewing machine quit working, Mom's quit working so finally I thought, just go by a cheap sewing machine so you quit having to rip out seams.  Wish I would have done that sooner.
I worked on the baby quilt all day.
April and Cash came over in the afternoon.  Cash was wound up.  We had alot of fun playing.
April was going to All Girls Prom at Vienna that night.  I can't believe she is now 30.  I am very proud of her.  She has turned into wonderful young woman and a great mother.
Cash squealed when Dwayne got home; he was so happy to see his grandpa.  Dwayne took him for a four wheeler ride up to Grandpa Great's and over to see Troy.  He almost fell asleep on the ride.
We then went down to Chad's for Dwayne to help him move shelves into his work van.  Cash got to sit with Grandpa on the gravel drive.  He thought he was something.  But when it comes to getting tired, Grandpa won't do.  He has to have Grandma.  I love rocking him to sleep.  I don't know why I look so bad (and mad, but I wasn't) in this picture.  Maybe it came from being extremely tired.

Sunday:
I had everything ready to make potato salad for Mom and April's birthday dinner.  Cash wanted Grandma so Dwayne made the salad for me.  He helps me so much anymore, I don't know what I'd do without him.
Unfortunately, Mom wasn't able to get out of the nursing home for dinner.  She had fluid building up around her heart again.  First time in 29 years Mom and April haven't shared a birthday dinner.
Several of us took Mom a cake and went to the nursing home for a small party.

April's 30th, Mom's 86th Birthday

Bittersweet times.  Mom was very accepting of not being able to come out for the day.  Probably more so than me.
When I got home, the company was all gone and Dwayne had cleaned the kitchen up for me.  What a guy!  I took a short nap and then we just watched TV the rest of the evening.

I am grateful for another year with Mom and for my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment