Thursday, September 17, 2015

Labor Day Weekend:

Friday:
I had a rough day helping Dad with Mom and was pretty much exhausted.  We always go out to eat on Friday nights, but Dwayne was tired as well so we just stayed home.
Saturday:
Fair Parade Day.  We always go to the the fair.  This year, we didn't go at all.  We don't have any small kids and the entertainment isn't so great.
But the parade, that's a different story.  We will always go to the parade.  As you can tell from the pictures below, we had a great time.





My nephew, Tyler and his little boy, Liam

Chad and Desmon
April and Cash came home with us for the afternoon.  We went to the Salebarn Cafe but it was packed and no place to sit so we went on over to the Vichy Wye Cafe.  They remodeled last year and it looks totally different from when I worked there in the seventies.  It had a sagging ceiling then and I don't know how they went this long without fixing it.  When I worked there, we had a pool table in the middle of the room.  If you weren't busy, you could play pool.  I got quite good at it.  Not so much anymore.  After a busy day, Cash was worn out.
We had a great afternoon with April and Cash.
Sunday:
I actually went to church.  Helped with Mom and then got called out about one a.m. to come up and help out.  Long night.
Monday:
I was tired from spending the night with Mom and I slept a good portion of the day.  We ran into town and got a sandwich and that was the extent of our Labor Day.

I'm grateful for times like these.


No comments:

Post a Comment