Thursday, December 11, 2014

Wonderful Weekend:

Friday:
We went out to eat at Sput's with our friends, Kim and Ramey.  It's nice to get out of the house and see others.  We get in a rut of just staying home and really need to get out more.
Saturday:
I did chores around the house and Dwayne started digging post holes to put in our new yard fence.  Made me a happy person as he started last Spring!!
Mid-afternoon, Dad called to say Mom was really upset over Wayne and he was afraid she was getting sick again for me to come up.  Judy was already there and we tried to console Mom.  As weak as Mom was, she wanted to go to the cemetery.  (It was cold and misting out)  She had never been to the cemetery yet and wanted to go put Christmas flowers on Wayne and Mark's graves.  Troy came up and helped us with safely getting Mom to the van.  When Troy was younger, he spent a lot of time with us.  Every Memorial weekend, we would go around to cemeteries and put flowers on our friends and families graves.  First thing we would do was clean all the weeks off and clean the tombstone.  Troy and I automatically went to the grave to clean off old flowers and straighten things up.  Mom did good while there.  We then went to the Davis Cemetery to put flowers on Mark's grave.  Mom can't walk very far so Dad drove right up through the cemetery to get as close to Mark's grave as possible.  Once again, Mom did well.  I think all the emotions of losing Wayne caught up with her and the crying made her weak.  We all get scared everytime she's weak she'll get pneumonia again.
It was actually a healing day for all of us.
 
Troy, Judy, Mom and Dad
Saturday night, we went to our friend's, Mike and Susan's for a Christmas party.  Once again, good to get out of the house and catch up with friend's.  I admit I'm a wee bit jealous over Susan's Christmas decorations.  They are beautiful and she adds to them each year.  My excuse is she works from home so she has more time.  lol
Sunday:
Out of the house again!!  Dwayne and I drove to St. Elizabeth.  April and I went shopping at the lake and Grandpa babysat Cash.  We had a great time shopping and eating lunch.  We used to do this all the time.  Although, we love Cash, it was nice to just shop and not juggle getting him in and out of the car seat and shopping carts.  My Christmas shopping is done.  Mike fixed supper of sloppy jos for us.  Watched TV and then headed home.
Monday:
My weekend wasn't over yet.  I took my last vacation day and wrapped presents.  Took a nap and just enjoyed my day off.

I am grateful for family and friends.  I need to get out and visit more often.

1 comment:

  1. Sounded like a good weekend. I miss having time to go shop or do anything with friends but I love working to. We need to get out and see you all the kids are always asking to see you and Dwayne as well as Mike and April and Cash.

    ReplyDelete