Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Profile Update:

My Photo
United States
I love to read!! My family jokes that if I don't have anything to read I'll read a phone book. And they are right! Family, I would love to have grandkids but I guess that is not in the cards for me right now. I do enjoy my great nieces and nephews. We usually have a couple extra kids visiting every week. I do have "grandkids on loan" from friends Kenny and Shelley Allen. They're Blake and his little brother Nathan, we love having them over!
I think it's time I update my profile.  We FINALLY got a grandchild and not to brag or anything, he's the greatest!!  lol  We still have our not so little anymore "grandkids on loan" we see from time to time.  Blake is the oldest and him and I enjoyed watching Handy Mandy every morning before I left for work.  Nathan, what can I say about Nathan except he is the cutest little thing and quite a character.  They call me Nona and Shelley had a couple shirts made that says Someone Special calls me Nona.
We have also added Desmon to our life.  Chad took him in when his Mom (not Chad's girlfriend, just a neighbor) wasn't able to take care of him.  Desmon told me I'm his almost Grandma.  We refer to him as our grandson.  I am happy to say, his Mom is doing better and now has Desmon.  He's had a lot of adjustments in his short life but he's doing well.  Chad still gets him most weekends and he's always with us on holidays.
Life has a way with twists and turns throughout the years.  We finally got a grandson, Cash. Hopefully when I update in a few years we will have daughter-in-laws and more grandchildren.
I lost my brother, Wayne over the summer due to a drowning. (the sight of seeing my brother on the pond bank was almost too much to endure, but with Shelley being there with me and telling me to take deep breaths and letting me touch Wayne was so helpful.  Thank you, Shelley.)  And then almost losing my Mom the day of Wayne's funeral.  But we've endured and God gave us the strength to get through.  Mom's health is still precarious and Dad takes good care of her.
We've had our joys and our sorrows but overall great years since I started this blog in 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment