Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Tulips in the Winter:

Winter Tulips:
I ran into town (Vienna) about eleven this morning to get gas and run an errand.  Vienna is only about two and half miles from my work, not really a big deal but it's cold out...  Mom called about noon and said Daddy had just bought her some tulips at G & W when they were in town.  Nothing too unusual about that as Dad does sweet things like that.  Then she asked if I would run down to G & W real quick and buy the other pot of tulips that was there as Dad said there was only one left.  My first thought was, geeze I just got back from town, maybe I'll go after work.  Mom asked if I would pick them up and then drop them off at Charles and Bev Jurgensmeyer's on my way home.  I told her I could and no problem.  I then thought to myself, "Connie, you are so lucky to still have your parents, no errand is too much of a problem to run!!"

On my way back from "town" I was thinking about Mom and Dad's life and they are just like the tulips, they are the bright sunshine in the winter of their life.  I so cringe at the thought of losing my parents but I know that is inevitable and I can be reassured that they will go to heaven, but oh the thought of not having them there day to day scares me to death.  As their life is in "Winter" I know "Spring" follows and I will be okay.  As the wind blows and sometimes snow flairs in the Spring, I will have rough spots but the Summer will arrive and I can look back at Winter and reflect.
Mom and Dad in the Winter of their life:

I am so grateful for each day of life and the wonderful legacy I have with my parents.



(For those of you who don't know Charles and Bev, there are the parents of my good friend, Janet who passed away December 23, 2011.  Remembered on January 10, 2013)

No comments:

Post a Comment