Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Busy Weekend:

Friday:
For some stupid reason, I cannot sleep late anymore!!  This drives me crazy as I have ALWAYS slept late, even when my babies were small.  I now get up at six a.m. whether I want to or not!!!  This has got to stop.  lol
But it did make it easier for me to prepare for my evening meal as we were having Mike and Susan down for their 36th Wedding Anniversary.  36 Years?  Where did it go?  And we are right behind them, as we will be celebrating 36 years in September.
I made chicken lasagna, corn, Caesar salad and an apple crisp pie.  Everything turned out good except the pie.  It was okay but definitely not a repeater.
We played Liverpool rummy, visited and just had a wonderful evening.  We need to do this more often.
Saturday:
I slept in until 7, whoo-hoo!!  Chad came over to help Dwayne move cattle and I piddled around the house for awhile.  I had a surprise birthday party to go to that afternoon for my cousin's 70th birthday. Liz and Nathan came over to ride with me. I never would have guessed Bill was 70, 50 maybe, 60 at the most but he certainly does not look 70.  They had the hall decorated in  Hee Haw decorations and off of that theme a little, but entertaining non the less, Alaina dressed up as Marilyn Monroe and sang Happy Birthday to Bill.  They went to a lot of work on the decorations and food, an overall great party.
MacKensie came home with us and the three of them played games and watched TV while I took a much needed nap.  I haven't been feeling well again and seem to need all the rest I can get.
Sunday:
I went to church and then we went up to Mom and Dad's to celebrate the February birthdays.  Judy's was the 1st, Jay on the 2nd, MacKensie the 12th and Troy's will be on the 26th.  We had cake and ice cream.  Tony brought these great waffle cones and I ate two and that was two too many.  I was stuffed.
We then left to go to April and Mike's for supper.  The meal and visit was great but once again I didn't feel good so we left early.  This not feeling well is a pattern that I hope goes away, I so hope I do not go into another flare up with the lupus, but this feels the same as the other times my body got weak.  Oh, well, could be worse.

The weekend was just what weekends are for; family, visiting, food....... and all that goes with getting together.  I am grateful for these times.

No comments:

Post a Comment