Monday, February 18, 2013

Spring Cleaning:

Ugh, this nice weather has me started earlier than usual on Spring cleaning.  I don't know why I do this every year-clean walls, etc. of the whole house.  I get so worn out, but I do it again the next year.
Saturday: 
Got up early, not by my choice, I just can't seem to sleep late anymore.  (and I hate it!!  I LOVE to sleep late)
I started the day by putting polyurethane sealer on the bay window I stripped and stained earlier in the month.  Throw a load of laundry in.....I do laundry alot!!  Dwayne says it's my hobby. And I agree with him.  We can come home late at night and the first thing I do is go to the laundry shoot and grab a load of clothes to wash.
The rest of the morning I spent in the basement.  We had had a water leak last fall and one of the closets had never been cleaned since then.  I hated the moldy mess I found.  I threw quite a bit of stuff away and then bleached the baseboards and shelves as I didn't want to paint again.  (It took alot of convincing to make my obsessive self do it this way.  And we wonder where April gets this from............)  Some stuff needed washed, so another load of laundry goes in the washer.
That afternoon, I decided I would relax and read.  That lasted a good half an hour until I got up and started putting my cleaning stuff away.  And another load of laundry. 
Dwayne came home from the field and I was ready to take a drive and get out of the house for awhile.  He was too tired so I fixed supper earlier than we've ate in quite awhile.  Dwayne helped me clean up the kitchen and then I went up to Mom and Dad's for a visit, came home and watched a movie with Dwayne and then went to bed fairly early.
Sunday:
I slept really good Saturday night and even got to sleep late.  I'm sorry to say I didn't get ready to go to church and played lazy most of the morning.
Dwayne decided to clean the flower beds of unwanted leaves, so we spent the day outdoors raking and burning leaves.  We also burned the woods below our house.  I called Todd to tell him him and Chad were on standby in case the fire got out.  He said, "Mom, you and Dad are crazy, it's the windiest day of the year and you're going to catch the countryside on fire!"  lol  I've heard that for years.  I have not done that but I have been known to burn a little too much.  I haven't felt like getting out and working in the yard for a couple years so this was an exciting day for me. 
I have the same theory outside as inside, clean, clean, clean!!  If I can't do it the whole way then I just don't do it at all. Hence, the shabby looking yard the past few years.  Dwayne does clean the flower beds out and does a good job but by mid-summer it needs some tender loving care and Dwayne is busy with hay and farm duties.
While Dwayne was busy making windrows of leaves before lighting the woods on fire, I went up to Mom and Dad's for awhile.  Dad had been sick during the day but was doing much better that evening.
Poor Dwayne, after supper he was busy making sure the fire didn't get out.  It was contained well but with the wind switching back and forth, we didn't want to take any chances. 
I had planned all week to watch a "Nonnie" movie I saw advertised.  I must have got the days mixed up as there wasn't a good movie on.   I read while Dwayne watched TV.  He can watch most anything; he loves watching TV.  It's about the only time he gets any rest.
I went to bed and Dwayne stayed up to keep an eye on the fires.

Needless to say, I am grateful I had to go in to work today so I can get away from my self-disposed ideas of Spring Cleaning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment