Thursday, September 20, 2012

Forever your little girl:

We received this picture in the mail yesterday. April had originally planned on it being sent from the photographer last week for our anniversary. I think receiving it on her birthday worked out just as well or even better. The little stinker, I thought she was using the chalk board at the reception. lol I had painted the wood around the chalkboard to match the barn wood type decorations she was using at the reception. I had been making cloth flowers to use on different items as the ring bearer pillow and flower basket. I had some left and used them on the board along with an earring of Grandma Dodie's. Grandma Dodie would have loved all of the planning and celebration of the wedding, so I tried including different items of hers where I could. I have to admit, seeing April Holtmeyer instead of April Elrod on her facebook page was hard to get used to. Knowing and seeing are two different things. It won't be hard for her to get used to. After having your new name for awhile, the maiden name doesn't seem to look right. I know Connie Feeler sounds totally foreign to me now. I never had any problems signing Connie Elrod. The only time I remember forgetting and signing Connie Feeler was after I had been married for over twenty years. Have no idea how I came to do it that time. I'm grateful for a loving daughter. (even though she doesn't say I love you outloud, I know in heart she loves her Mom and Dad. Right, April????) (oh, and I cropped this picture all by myself!! Still not sure how I did it but I'm sure others will be proud of me too)

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture and glad it worked out that it arrived on her birthday. Woohoo on cropping the picture by yourself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I'm growing up, aren't I? lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. It doesn't look too bad in color on here. Still too dark of eye makeup. :(

    And you're welcome!

    ReplyDelete