Friday, March 18, 2011

“When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen” (E. F. Hutton)

It's been a long standing joke in my family that we refer Dad to E. F. Hutton, when he talks, we listen.
Well, last night around eight o'clock, E.F (aka my Dad) called and said, "Connie, you need to drive up to Kate's if you want to see a really pretty fire". So, after I hung up, I got in the truck and drove to Kate's and indeed it was a beautiful setting.
I do need to clarify a couple things.
#1. My Mom and Dad do not interfere in our lives or tell us what to do. It is out of
love and respect if Dad says something important, we listen.
#2. I am a fire bug at heart. When I was a stay at home Mom, I burned leaves A LOT!! It is a joke in the family that when they smell leaves burning (anywhere), they say, "Connie is at it again"!! I have had a few times the fire got away from me. Dwayne won't hardly let me burn leaves anymore, but I have definitely got the firebug yearning as long as it doesn't rain tomorrow. I may be a throw back to my Grandpa Feeler, he also loved to burn leaves and brush piles. Once his fire got out so bad, the conservation had to send in airplanes to get the fire under control. That was probably in the late sixties or early seventies. The last few months of Grandpa's life, he could hardly be trusted to walk the quarter mile drive to the mailbox for starting little piles of leaves/brush on fire. I'm not that bad, but hey I could be when I get to that age. lol

After talking with Kate and Pauley and watching the fire for awhile, I went to Mom and Dad's for a short visit.

So, next time Dad calls, I will listen..........


No comments:

Post a Comment