Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ballance/Feeler:

Beatrice (Ballance) Feeler:
Great Uncle Evert Ballance:

I went to Mom and Dad's last night for a visit. My Aunt Fern had given Dad a box of pictures my Grandma(Ballance)Feeler had. I wish I could remember all of the stories and history Dad and Mom shared as we looked through the old pictures. I could sense their joy of reliving the past as I find myself often doing that now as I look through pictures.
Most people think I am related to Lona (Feeler) Hance and her brothers, Ladair and Lonnie on the Feeler side. But actually, we are not even close related through the Feeler's. I think my grandpa and their grandpa were cousins. But I am related on the Ballance side of the family, as their Mother, Beatrice (Ballance) Feeler was my Dad's first cousin. Beatrice's Dad, Everett (I'm not sure on the spelling as the back of the picture had Evert) was my Grandma Eliza (Ballance) Feeler's brother. I can remember Uncle Everett and Aunt Inie as they lived close to us when I was small.
I was so surprised looking at pictures when I saw a picture of Beatrice as a baby. I can barely remember her but know the name well. Beatrice died relatively young, I believe in her early forties.
I am going to mail the pictures to Lona today. I think it will be a nice surprise to see her Mom as a baby.

I am so grateful for my parents and the family history they share.

No comments:

Post a Comment