Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Redbud Trees:


Friday evening after work, Dwayne and I sent to April and Mike's. Dwayne had planned on planting a few redbud trees for April. I thought with the cold and rainy weather he would want to wait but nopie, he still wanted to go over. (I think he missed his little girl) We had also taken some lillies and phlox to set out but left them for April to do. (either that, or Dwayne will go back! lol)
Poor April, she won't ever be able to be on her own with a control freak mother (did I just say that? Me? Never!!) and a dad that thinks she's still a little girl. About five miles out of St. Elizabeth, Dwayne told me to call April and tell her to put her coat on. I'm like, what? Tell her we'll be there in a few minutes and for her to put her coat on. Now, even I'm not that bad!! I didn't make the call and he got aggravated, so I tried but couldn't get service. Right outside of St. Elizabeth I got April on the phone and told her her daddy said to put her coat on and we'd be right there!!
Dwayne and April set the trees out and then we spent the evening watching tv, playing cards and then when Mike got home from bowling, we played dominoes. We had a great evening and didn't get home until around 12:45 a.m. Late for us!!
Saturday:
What a cold and dreary day!! We didn't do anything. Dwayne watched tv and I read a book. For supper, I had fixed fillet mignon. I fixed that with a salad and roasted potatoes, mushrooms and onions. It was very good. I have to say, it was better than the last time we went out to eat. And a lot cheaper.
Sunday:
Dwayne and I went to church and then out to eat at the salebarn (Farmer's Cafe). They had a good buffet.
We then went to Rolla to Family Center and on to St. James to visit with Dwayne's Aunt Jessie and Uncle Warren's. Bill and his friend were there and we had a good afternoon visiting.
Spent the evening watching my favorite show, Army Wives and went to bed early.

I am grateful to be a part of Dwayne's family, Elrod and Lennaman. They have treated me and welcomed me into their family through the years as if I were one of their own.

2 comments:

  1. ...and I didn't listen and froze my bottom off outside with no coat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,,,,,,,,,,,, maybe we still need to tell you when to get in out of the cold!!!

    ReplyDelete