Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Late Weekend Recap:

The last few weeks at work has been so busy that I've not been very prompt on my weekend updates.
Friday:
Dwayne and the boys unloaded the trailer of the molasses press and all of the other items needed at Meramac Springs. Although it's been two weeks since Iron Works, Dwayne has been sick and didn't feel like unloading.
I fixed a supper of fried chicken, mashed potatoes/gravy, biscuits and vegetables, thinking they would all be in to eat. Wrong! Chad was sick and Todd had ate at Wendy's on his way home from work. At least, Dwayne, April and I had a good meal. April had a late day at work as one of the guys in her department quit without notice and walked out and left his work undone. She was not a happy camper. There used to be three in her department, one quit about a month ago and then this guy walking out, so the work falls on her shoulders.
Saturday:
Such a beautiful day!! The fall weather has been so perfect this year. We enjoyed the day by what else, but SHOPPING!! We were able to enjoy the weather in between trips to different stores by getting in and out of the truck. LOL
April bought a few items for her new house and I just mainly looked around. We had Dariy Queen milkshakes on the way home for "lunch". (Dairy products.....)
Sunday:
I went to church and Dwayne brush hogged. After church, April and I went back to Rolla for round 2 of shopping. I needed to return the rugs I'd bought on Saturday and we missed a couple places the day before we were wanting to go to. April has been wanting a new purse so we went to Chic Chick as they usually have a good selection. No luck this time. It's a neat shop to go to, very different type of clothes and shop for Rolla. I love seeing their fashion show at the Lipstick & Purse-N-Ality.
After we got home, April got ready to go with some friends to see Miranda Lambert in Columbia. I went to Mom and Dad's to visit. Wayne and Bobbi were there and we had a good time.
Our Sunday evening meal was just Dwayne and I. Everyone else had other plans.
I watched TV upstairs as Dwayne is not too fond of Extreme Makeover-Home Edition or Desperate Housewives.

Overall the weekend was just what it was supposed to be; relaxing, shopping, visiting, eating, etc. I'm grateful for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment