Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
End of another busy work week. We had leftovers for supper and I went to be early.
Saturday:
Shelley brought the boys down for us to watch. Blake helped me make corn casserole to take to the Feeler Reunion. Nathan stayed with Dwayne and April.
We had a good turnout for the reunion. It was also my Uncle Robert Feeler's 80th Birthday and all of his kids were there. I hadn't seen a couple of them for about ten years. Keith sang a song my Grandpa Feeler wrote. There were a lot of tears shed when he was done, as you could almost imagine Grandpa being there singing it.
Brought back a lot of childhood memories for each of us.
Blake had a blast playing with the older kids, basketball, kickball, playing outside, etc. He's been around my great nieces and nephews so much it's like he's part of the family.
I spent the afternoon on the front porch with Blake and Nathan. Nathan had a good time trying to keep up with his brother. Blake must have been worn out as he pulled the swimming pool ladder up to the porch railing and would climb up and over the rail, go down off the porch and do it again, a number of times. Wish I had his energy.
Dwayne still didn't feel good so he went to bed early and I stayed up and made pumpkin bars to take to church the next day.
Sunday:
I went to church and stayed afterward for the dinner. I always enjoy visiting with the "Howard Girls" at the church meals. Dwayne had not felt good all weekend so he didn't go to help. Normally, Dwayne keeps going when he's sick but this cold has knocked him down.
Todd came over in the afternoon and we visited a couple hours on the porch enjoying the nice weather. It was only Todd, Dwayne and me for supper. I fixed sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy. A nice "supper" meal.

My family, I'm grateful for each one of them.

1 comment:

  1. Your Sunday night dinner is making me hungry! Blake was wore out when I got home that night he slept great and didn't get up until after 8. Nathan was wore out and slept good too. I am glad that you enjoyed the boys and that Blake had fun with all of the kids at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete