Monday, November 1, 2010

Weekend Recap:

Friday:
I was the designated roller rink chauffeur for Ashlyne and Gracie. They had an all-night skate and I dropped them off and Judy was to pick them up Saturday morning. I then went to Wal-Mart and bought groceries. Bad idea!! The store was very packed and I didn't think I'd ever get out of there, plus I was to bring sandwiches home for Dwayne but he almost fell asleep before I ever go there.
Saturday:
It was such a beautiful day, again!! We have had wonderful fall weather this year. I cleaned out both of our bedroom closets, a major feat!! I have a clean house, but don't look in my closets!! That is where I stash stuff when I'm in a hurry cleaning. You would think I'd break that bad habit but at age 53, guess not!! We now have a walk-in closet again instead of what Dwayne was calling it, "step-in closet". And then meant literally stepping in and reaching way back to the clothes.
We went out to eat Saturday night. We started out at Applebees and they were very busy so I suggested we eat at Benton Square. They were equally busy but we waited in the bar until they had a table ready for us. The meal was good and the atmosphere is different from other restaurants. They were having a Halloween party and a band playing at nine. We didn't stay for that but we did get to see some very good costumes. It was fun to watch the variety of people/costumes.
Sunday:
I went to church and then up to Mom's for dinner. April had requested Grandma's biscuits and sausage gravy, so that's what we had. Dwayne made scrambled eggs to go with it and Kate made our favorite home made white syrup to pour over the biscuits!! Yum!! Very good treat!!
That afternoon Dwayne cut a load of wood and I did a few things around the house and then made a big pot of chili, grilled cheese and a custard pie for dessert.
Then it was time for our trick-or-treators. Dwayne LOVES Halloween and dresses up every year and greats the kids at the door. Some years he scares the parents more than the kids. We had fun visiting with the neighbors and seeing their kids. Shelley brought Blake (the bull rider),
Nathan (a cow) and Ashlyne by.
Nathan started a new "face". He would pucker up like he was pouting and then almost frowning at the same time.
So funny!

I am happy and grateful for having my family and friends live close by.

1 comment: