Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grandpa's Song:

Below is the words to the song my Grandpa wrote and used to sing at gatherings. Grandpa was quite a character and if he didn't have a musical instrument with him he would strum on a pan or whatever was handy. Keith did a wonderful job singing the song at our family reunion. It was almost like listening to Grandpa and if you closed your eyes you could imagine Grandpa being there and singing.
Grandpa Arch Feeler's Song:
Some three years ago I was very sick in the hospital and called on the Lord to let me stay a few more years with my wife and ten children. Soon I got better and by the Lord's help in my bed we (Grandma and Grandpa)began to write this song.

Lord I don't hanker for silver or gold
All that I want is a home for my soul
Since Jesus found me, I've crossed that divide
Now I've got a picture from life's other side

O Sinner why don't you listen today
O Why don't you let Jesus show you the way
O Why don't you listen before it's too late
Or you can't enter in through that beautiful gate

When I was a young man, I strayed away
But Jesus looked after me day after day
Now since I found him, it's glory divine
I am so happy since Jesus is mine

Then sometimes I think of my firends that are gone
They're up there with Jesus around that bright throne
And some day when he calls me, I'll be ready to go
Up to that bright mansion, that's whiter than snow

Yes, someday when he calls me, I'll be ready to go
Cause Father and Mother's both up there I know
O Lord take me home cause I'm heaven inclined
I am so happy since Jesus is mine

O Lord hold my hand when I go my last round
And give me a robe with a harp and a crown.


Keith Feeler:

No comments:

Post a Comment